Post Date: 11/23/2021
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH ENGINEERING CLOSURES
- The intersection of Cross Wy. and Clear Lake Ave. and the intersection of South Mangonia Cir. and Cross Wy. (Monday, November 29, 2021, until further notice): Intermittent lane closures for sidewalk and ADA crosswalk upgrades as part of the Roosevelt Estates Traffic Calming and Resurfacing Project.
- The intersection of Olive Ave. and Tanglewood Ct. (Monday, November 29, 2021, 3:00 p.m., until 8:00 p.m.). The intersection will be closed for paving. Detours:
- Northbound Olive Ave. traffic should:
- Go east on Okeechobee Blvd. to Chase Ave.,
- Go north on Chase Ave. to Fern St.,
- Go west on Fern St. to Olive Ave.
- Southbound Olive Ave. traffic should:
- Go west on Hibiscus St. to Dixie Hwy.,
- Go south on Dixie Hwy. to Okeechobee Blvd.,
- Go east on Okeechobee Blvd. to Olive Ave.
- Washington Rd. between Monceaux Rd. and Monroe Dr. (through Spring 2022): Intermittent lane closures for streetscape redesign including new underground utilities, sidewalks, and storm drainage improvements. Local traffic only between Greenwood Dr. and Monroe Dr. Detours:
- Northbound Washington Rd. traffic should: Go west on Malverne Rd. to Olive Ave., go north on Olive Ave. to Southern Blvd., and go east or west on Southern Blvd.
- Southbound Washington Rd. traffic should: Go west on Southern Blvd. to Olive Ave., go south on Olive Ave. to Malverne Rd., go east on Malverne Rd. to Washington Rd.
- Georgia Ave. between Nottingham Blvd. and Southern Blvd., and Miller Ave. between Nottingham Blvd. and Southern Blvd. (through Spring 2022): Local traffic only for utility improvements. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zone.
- N. Flagler Dr. between 34th and 36th St. (until further notice): Motorists should expect slow traffic for road construction. Flaggers will assist motorists through the work zone.
- N. Flagler Dr. between 43td and 45th St. (through Summer 2022): Partial daytime lane closures for road construction.
EVENTS ROAD CLOSURES
- 500 Block Road Closure produced by Moonfest.
Road closures (Friday, November 26, 2021, 5:00 p.m. until Sunday, November 28, 2021, 11:00 p.m.):
- 500 block of Clematis St.
- Old Northwood Home Tour produced by the Old Northwood Neighborhood Association.
Road closure (Friday, December 3, 2021, 10:00 a.m., until Sunday, December 5, 2021, 3:00 a.m.):
- Spruce Ave. between 28th St. and 34th St.
- Clematis by Night Tree Lighting at Centennial Square produced by City of West Palm Beach Community Events. Road closures (Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 10:00 a.m. until Friday, December 3, 2021, 10:00 a.m.):
- Flagler Dr. from Banyan Blvd. to Datura St.
- N. & S. Clematis St. between Narcissus St. and Flagler Dr.
- The GreenMarket produced by City of West Palm Beach Community Events. Road Closures (Saturday, December 4, 2021, from 5:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.):
- North and South Clematis St.
- Narcissus St. between Banyan Blvd. and N. Clematis St.
- Lantana Ave. between Banyan Blvd. and N. Clematis St.
- 200 block of Clematis St.
- West Palm Beach Antique Flea & Craft Market produced by Bill Jacobson. Road Closure (Saturday, December 4, 2021, from 5:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.):
- 300 block of Clematis St.
PRIVATE ROAD CLOSURES
- Icon Marina Village – N. Flagler Dr. between 43rd St. and 45th St. (through Spring 2022): Periodic closures of the northbound lane for the installation of underground utilities. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zone.
- The Watermark - Datura St. between Quadrille Blvd. and South Dixie Hwy. (through December 2021): The westbound lane is closed for the construction of a senior living facility. Motorists should use Clematis St. or Evernia St. as westbound alternatives.
PALM BEACH COUNTY (PBC) ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS ROAD CLOSURES IN CITY OF WPB
- 45th St. west of Village Blvd. (until further notice): Periodic daytime eastbound lane closures, and periodic westbound double lane night closures for FPL overhead maintenance.
- Australian Ave. at the southeast corner of Belvedere Rd. (until further notice): Periodic northbound lane closure and left-turn lane closure at James L. Turnage Blvd. for underground utility work.
- Australian Ave. at Banyan Blvd. (until further notice): Southbound left-turn lane closures for road improvements within the Banyan Blvd. Streetscape Project.
- Belvedere Rd. between Lake Ave. and Georgia Ave. (until further notice): Periodic westbound right lane closure for FPL pole replacement.
- Haverhill Rd. north of Caribbean Blvd. to north of Dyer Blvd. (until further notice): Traffic shifted to the east side of Haverhill Rd. for road widening.
- Congress Ave. south of Ware Dr. (until further notice): Periodic southbound right lane closure for FPL underground utility work.
- N. Congress Ave. from Presidential Wy. to Embassy Dr. (until further notice): Periodic southbound right-lane closures for FPL pole replacement.
- Florida Mango Rd. over the canal north of Bridgeman Dr. (through Tuesday, January 22, 2022): Periodic lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic for bridge replacement.
FLORIDA DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION (FDOT) ROAD CLOSURES IN THE CITY OF WPB
- Eastbound Okeechobee Blvd. at I-95 southbound entrance ramp (through Spring 2022): Eastbound Okeechobee Blvd. will be widened to provide an exclusive turn lane to I-95 southbound. The entrance ramp will be closed to traffic nightly, as needed, from 1:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m., Sunday through Thursday. Road closures:
- Motorists will be detoured via the westbound Okeechobee Blvd. to I-95 southbound entrance ramp via a U-turn movement just east of Australian Ave.Signage will be in place to assist motorists.
- Okeechobee Blvd. south sidewalk between Church St. and Tamarind Ave. (through Spring 2022.) Sidewalk closure:
- Sidewalk closed so crews can safely widen eastbound Okeechobee Blvd. for an additional southbound turn lane onto I-95. Pedestrians will be detoured to the north sidewalk via Church St. and Tamarind Ave.Signage will be in place to assist pedestrians.
- Westbound Okeechobee Blvd. and Riverwalk Blvd. (through Friday, November 19, 2021): One of four lanes closed, from 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for pole installation.
- Vehicle Detection & Traffic Signals Improvement Project (through Fall 2021): This project is upgrading traffic signalization with video vehicle detection (camera) systems at area intersections. Motorists should expect slower traffic and construction activity at the following intersections:
- 45th St. at Corporate Way
- 45th St. at Haverhill Rd.
- Quadrille Blvd. at Hibiscus St.
- Southern Blvd. Bridge Replacement Project- Flagler Dr. between Southern Blvd. and Worth Ct.: Flagler Dr. will be closed for roadway reconstruction as part of the Southern Blvd. bridge replacement project. Access is reserved for local traffic only.
- Northbound Flagler Dr. traffic near Worth Ct. should:
- Go west on Worth Ct. N. to Washington Rd.,
- Go north on Washington Rd. to Southern Blvd.,
- Go east on Southern Blvd. to Flagler Dr.
- Southbound Flagler Dr. traffic near Worth Ct. should:
- Go west on Southern Blvd. to Washington Rd.,
- Go south on Washington Rd. to Worth Ct N.,
- Go east on Worth Court N. to Flagler Dr.
- Pedestrians using Flagler Dr. between Southern Blvd. and N. Worth Ct. should:
- Use the east Flagler Dr. sidewalk.
- Pedestrians using Southern Blvd., between Washington Rd. and Flagler Dr. should:
- Use the north Southern Blvd. sidewalk.
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH DOCKS
- Currie Park Boat Docks and Ramps (2400 North Flagler Dr.): Ramps are open daily, sunrise to sunset.
- Lake Mangonia Park Boat Ramps (2957 North Australian Ave): Ramps are open daily, sunrise to sunset.
- Clematis St. Docks (South Clematis St. at South Flagler Dr.): Docks are open daily, from 5:00 a.m. until midnight.
- Fern St. Dock (Fern St. at South Flagler Dr): Dock is open daily, from 5:00 a.m. until midnight. The Fern St. Dock is available for day docking only. No overnight dockage is allowed for boats, dinghies, or kayaks.