Post Date: 08/04/2022
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH ENGINEERING CLOSURES
- Banyan Boulevard at Australian Avenue (through November 2022): Southbound left turn lane closures at Australian Boulevard for road improvements within the Banyan Boulevard Streetscape Project.
- Banyan Boulevard between Australian Avenue and Quadrille Boulevard (through November 2022): The following traffic pattern changes within the Banyan Boulevard Streetscape Project.
- Single lane east and westbound Banyan Boulevard traffic through November 2022 for construction of a landscaped median.
- No left turns from westbound Banyan Boulevard to Clearwater Drive (through Sunday, September 4, 2022).
- No left turns from westbound Banyan Boulevard to South Sapodilla Avenue (through Sunday, September 4, 2022).
- Access to the Federal Courthouse & Social Security Administration will be via eastbound Banyan Boulevard only through November 2022.
- Access to the Social Security Administration surface parking lot will be via westbound Banyan Boulevard only through November 2022.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained through the construction period.
- Saratoga Road between Stratford Way / Hartford Court and Middleton Way (until further notice): Road closed for lift station rehabilitation.
- Tamarind Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and 7th Street. (through November 2022): Both directions for underground utility work and streetscape. Detours:
- Northbound Tamarind Avenue traffic should go east on Banyan Boulevard to Rosemary Avenue, north on Rosemary Avenue to 7th Street, and west on 7th Street to Tamarind Avenue
- Southbound Tamarind Avenue traffic should go south on Australian Avenue to Banyan Boulevard and east on Banyan Boulevard to Tamarind Avenue South.
- Washington Road between Greenwood Drive and Monceaux Road (through late Spring 2023): Road closures as part of a streetscape redesign including new underground utilities, sidewalks, and storm drainage improvements. Detours:
- Northbound Washington Road traffic should go west on Monroe Drive to Olive Avenue, north on Olive Avenue to Almeria Road, and east on Almeria Road to Flagler Drive.
- Southbound Washington Road traffic should go west on Almeria Road to Olive Avenue, south on Olive Avenue to Monroe Drive, and east on Monroe Drive to Washington Road.
- Georgia Avenue between Nottingham Boulevard and Southern Boulevard, and Miller Avenue between Nottingham Boulevard and Southern Boulevard (through Spring 2022): Local traffic only for utility improvements. Flaggers will assist motorists through the work zone.
- North Flagler Drive between 34th Street and 36th Street (until further notice): Motorists should expect slow traffic for road construction. Flaggers will assist motorists through the work zone.
- North Flagler Drive between 43rd Street and 45th Street (through Summer 2022): Partial daytime lane closures for road construction.
- Southern Boulevard between Olive Avenue and Washington Road (through August 2022): One eastbound lane is closed for the Southern Boulevard Sanitary Sewer Emergency Repair Project.
EVENTS ROAD CLOSURES
- North & South Clematis Street between Narcissus Street and Flagler Drive, and Lantana Avenue and between Banyan Boulevard and North Clematis Street - closed, Thursday, August 11, 2022, 6 - 9 p.m., for Clematis by Night produced by West Palm Beach Community Events.
- 500 block of Clematis Street - closed, Friday, August 12, 2022, 5 p.m. through Sunday, August 14, 2022, 11 p.m. for an event produced by Moonfest.
PRIVATE PROJECT ROAD CLOSURES
- Icon Marina Village - North Flagler Drive between 43rd Street and 45th Street (through December 2022): Periodic closures of the northbound lane for the installation of underground utilities. Flaggers will assist motorists in the work zone.
- The Watermark - Datura Street between Quadrille Boulevard and South Dixie Highway (through September 2022): The westbound lane is closed for the construction of a senior living facility. Motorists should use Clematis Street or Evernia Street as westbound alternatives.
- The Grand - 2nd Street between Rosemary Avenue and Sapodilla Avenue (through October 2022): Occasional flagging on 3rd Street.
- Sapodilla Avenue between Banyan Boulevard Boulevard and 3rd Street closed through September 2022.
- One Flagler - Chase Street between Lakeview Avenue and Okeechobee Boulevard (through December 2023): Road closed for construction. No sidewalk closures.
PALM BEACH COUNTY ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS ROAD CLOSURES IN THE CITY OF WPB
- Australian Avenue south of Belvedere Road (until further notice): Periodic northbound right lane closures for pole installation.
- Australian Avenue at Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard (until further notice): Periodic nighttime lane closures for pavement marking.
- Australian Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and 45th Street (until further notice): Periodic daytime and nighttime northbound and southbound lane closures for soil sampling. This is a mobile moving operation.
- Belvedere Road between Bristol Drive and Australian Avenue (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right turn lane closures and westbound right lane closure for pole installation. Periodic northbound left-turn lane closure at South Australian Avenue for underground utility work.
- Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard from Okeechobee Boulevard to I-95 (until further notice): Periodic daytime and nighttime lane closures for pavement markings.
- Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard east of Australian Avenue (until further notice): Periodic westbound right turn lane closure for the installation of concrete poles and underground utility work.
- North Haverhill Road north of Caribbean Boulevard to Beeline Highway (until further notice): Intermittent lane closures and traffic shifted to the east side for road widening.
- North Florida Mango Road over the Palm Beach County L-2 Canal (north of Bridgeman Drive): Re-opened. Periodic northbound and southbound lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic.
- 45th Street west of Corporate Way (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right turn lane closure for FPL pole replacement.
- 45th Street east of Northpoint Boulevard and Metrocentre Boulevard (until further notice): Periodic westbound right lane closures for the installation of concrete poles and underground utility work.
- 45th Street east of Tiffany Drive to North Shore Drive (City of WPB and Village of Mangonia Park): Periodic eastbound and westbound closures for underground utility work.
- Roebuck Road between Jeaga Middle School/Grassy Waters Elementary and Haverhill Road (until further notice): Periodic weekend daytime lane closures for pressure cleaning and bridge painting.
- For more information about PBC road closures, contact PBC Engineering & Public Works at (561) 684-4000 or visit the Road & Bridge Construction List
FLORIDA DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION (FDOT) ROAD CLOSURES IN THE CITY OF WPB
- Eastbound Southern Boulevard at northbound Australian Avenue (through Sunday, August 14, 2022): Two inside eastbound lanes will be closed for clearing, cleaning, and stripping.
- Royal Park Bridge (Monday, August 8, 2022, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., and Wednesday, August 10, 2022, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.): East and westbound lane closures ( non-simultaneous) for bridge maintenance. Traffic will be maintained in both directions. Motorists should expect slower traffic in the work zones.
- Flagler Drive between Southern Boulevard and Worth Court/Southern Boulevard (State Road 80) Bridge Replacement Project (through Fall 2022): Flagler Drive from Southern Boulevard to Worth Court North is closed for roadway reconstruction. Sidewalks are also closed. Access will be maintained for local traffic only. Traffic will be detoured as follows:
- Northbound Flagler Drive traffic near Worth Court should go west on Worth Court North to Washington Road, north on Washington Road to Southern Boulevard, and east on Southern Boulevard to Flagler Drive.
- Southbound Flagler Drive traffic near Worth Court should go west on Southern Boulevard to Washington Road, south on Washington Road to Worth Court North, and east on Worth Court North to Flagler Drive
- Pedestrians using Flagler Drive between Southern Boulevard and Worth Court should use the east Flagler Drive sidewalk.
- Pedestrians using Southern Boulevard between Washington Road and Flagler Drive should use the north Southern Boulevard sidewalk.
- For more information, contact FDOT: at (866) 336-8435 or http://www.fdot.gov/